A man and a woman were transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center on Monday after suffering injuries from a flash fire at Anchor High Marina.
Hendersonville Deputy Fire Chief Mike Holt said the couple was working in the engine area of the 36-foot Sea Ray when a flash fire occurred at around 2:30 p.m.
“We don’t know what sparked it,” said Holt.
Holt noted the couple put out the fire with a portable fire extinguisher before firefighters arrived.
Once on the scene firefighters contained the smoke and made sure the fire was completely out.
Fire Chief Scotty Bush said the couple – a woman in her early fifties and a man in his late forties to early fifties – suffered second and third-degree burns as well as possible inhalation injuries.
The names of the victims have not been released.